Friday, December 26, 2008

Ski Camp and More

Ski Camp...... What a time. You really can't beat the grooming and trails. It was a great time. We were able to do some intervals along with some easy distance. One of the most influencial things we did I think was the video technique we did. Benway allowed us to use his camera and Delaney and Sarah took over! We spent many nights going through the video with everyone breaking down their technique. The improvement was amazing in the newbies!

Ski camp was all types of weather, we had sunshine, rain snow, cold, and beautiful. Of course one of the best days on snow was the last day, but all days were great with the grooming there. Though we did have some complaints from the newbies about skating three times in the row. I switched up the intervals to do the 4x6 mins early in the week and the 3x8 min classic later in the week.

I think the camp really help give everyone a little more excited for the up coming season. I know I am starting to get ready to race, and I can't wait till the season starts.

While I have been home for break, I have been able to ski with some of some fellow USCSA members. Cornell has been while represented. They have been doing intervals in the park and looking strong. Whitman will also have a few good guys. I have still be tired from camp but have been able to ski almost everyday and I did some 4x4 min intervals up the road hill at Harriett.

Below is a picture of a guy doing what he needs to get through. Thought you guys would enjoy it. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and you enjoy the rest of break!
D Day

1 comment:

mattd said...

That is actually my background pic at the moment. I believe it is Eli Brown skiing through SLC. i'm skiing to class from riverside from now on I have decided.