Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lamothe from Vermont

This is more a personal post than a team post. I'm going to lightly analyze my races we had this weekend out loud and find some things to fix/ work on.

First off, all the heart rate data I collected over these past two days is garbage. For some reason while they existed on my watch my computer couldn't detect those workouts. It worked for the team time trail, but not these races. I don't have any scientific system to put these numbers through or any other data to compare it with yet, but I was hoping to create a database as to see what a good race's data looks like compared to a bad race. This way instead of saying "Oh I felt bad at this part", I can see if I really did overstress my body at any time before the infamous 'bonk'. Also, I seem to have a low 'high end' heart rate. I was hoping to get data this weekend to find out what's up with that. If it was low, I would put in more high intensity workouts to get my body used to a higher work load. If it was higher, like in the 180's on average, I wouldn't worry at all about it. In one sense, your HR is what it is, just go with it. On the other hand, I love looking at data!

Surprisingly, my 10k classic race felt better than my skate race. I was ~2 min behind #1, which is a bit like where I was last year placement wise. I can't say much except that I paced myself well and felt strong most of the race. The thing for me to work on these next two weeks are my classic double pole strength. There's not much more to say there, its just one spot I feel that I can make improvements.

The 10k skate race started out fine. I felt like I cruised the first lap; essentially drafting off Derrick for 5k. I would gain ground on flatter ground, but would lost a little of it on uphills. I don't think I went out too hard, but I did bonk around the 7k mark. Talbs had the same problem too, so I'm not alone there! I think was in sight of 3rd place (USCSA racers) for a bit too! Oh well. Next time I'll try to eat more for breakfast, and maybe have a guu or Banana before the race starts. In the meantime, I'll do an over-distance tomorrow, rest the next day, and get in strength/ intervals in. No more messing around!



In other news, the team did good. Good job team!

I hope results come up soon.

Oh god, its so awkward trying to end these things...


-Lamothe

No comments: