Friday, January 23, 2009

Week of training for a weekend of racing

After a great weekend of racing, it was time for all of us to get back out training. Monday and Tuesday were full of an OD and an off day. Delaney and I went out to the Hig on Monday and had a nice easy skate OD which had its most exciting moment when a classic skier got tangled up in his skis when we tried to avoid Matt and I coming around a turn.

Wednesday was a great interval workout. Again Delaney and I made it out to the hig and did a nice warm up. We did the workout classic and really had the hammer down by the end. Thursday was all about the speed in the fresh powder, which always adds some fun.

As the week comes to an end, Clarkson Nordic separates to go its different ways this weekend for races. The infamous Clarkson Sprint Cup will be held on Sat. and the Higley Hustle will always add some excitement for the ones who stay local. Other of us are going to try and see what they can do at Lake Placid. Benway, Delaney, and Myself will try to go at it against a good field. I will try and see what I can do against my brother and alumni, Chad Day. This weekend should be full of exciting races and I can't wait to give you an update when we return.

Quote of the week "Double pole is like trying to kill a bear with one arrow; Kick-double pole is like trying to kill a bear with a whole quiver of arrows."

I thought of you Bruce.

No comments: