Saturday, December 22, 2007

Camp and Pie Race

Well Camp went well. There are a few good stories for us to share for a few years to come. Personally I liked the new structure we had for the workouts everyday. It was nice to have something planned out before we got there. I think we should see what we liked and what we thought we could change to improve it in the future. We will need everyones input on that. Also I think staying at a different place was not so bad. I missed being able to just jump on the trail and go when we would like, but it is always nice to have some modern day stuff too. No more bunk beds for that matter. I thought camp went well and people looked like they are ready for the season to begin. People were getting in shape and people were getting good technique or both. The season is here and so is winter. When we all return, it is time to show what we got.



I hope everyone had a safe trip home from camp as well and are now enjoying the holiday's with friends and family. From people I have talked to, ski camp didn't kill anyone and they are skiing already (for those of us with snow). For myself, I took the next day off then I headed back up north with Chad for the "World Famous Osceola Christmas Race" also known as the Pie Race. This year it was switched to a 5km race so it was less pain for me. I felt the training from camp early and often, but it felt good to get out there again. Plus I got to hang with some alumni in Sam Morse "King of Speed", Jess Snyder, and of course Chad "King of Kings".

I know you are dying for the results, well they lived up to their names. Sammy finished with a second place followed by Chad 12 secs back. I was a little way back, but top 10. Jess was second behind the Taylor Leach. The day was good, and it was good enough for all of us to win bells. Yea that is right... We got ski christmas bells. We also got some pumpkin pie. So it was a good day and fun to get out and race, but the training was being felt. I will have an easier week coming up for training but will be busy with Christmas stuff. I hope everyone is going to get some good rest but also keeping up with the training to be ready for when we get back to school. We will have a time trial when we will get back which will show who has done what for real.

So in summary, Ski camp was a blast and was very enjoyable. I felt we bonded as a team and we are ready for the season and ready to try and meet our goals for the season. So to all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Ski ya around!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay! First comment ever!

Jess said...

Guys can I be a king of something? Mighty fine did call me the pony rider... but that's not as cool!