Saturday, December 8, 2007

NYSEF season opener

I have come to the conclusion that I am not much of a photographer. I didn't take any pictures today as the racing was all happening at the same time, so you will have to settle for this one of Bill Demong winning the gold in Trondheim today. US nordic combined means business this year and it is sweet to see. Billy is 3rd and Johnny Spillane is 4th in the overall world cup standings right now.


Now back to our race. I had a pretty good start to the season, coming in 7th against a strong field from slu and middlebury. I took a little fall on the first lap at about 3.5k tho that set me back. It took until about 7k to get back to where I was and then there was nobody left to catch.
All in all though I put forth a good effort and am excited for the season to get underway.
The rest of the team had some good results as well, with almost everybody saying they felt strong, especially for the first race of the year.
results can be found here

One race down, many more to go.
MD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt,

Your blog posts are what keep me going during these most difficult of times. When I need strength, I look to your poetic words to fill me with hope and power.

Your blog is so much more colorful, full of cool team photos and more about legit stuff than that bogus "Crimson Nordic". What a bunch of hoosiers.

I hope that your poetic gifts will continue to rain onto this blog like raindrops on a summer afternoon.

-Respectfully Yours,

Barbara Mitter

PS: How do you make your blog look so legit? Ours looks less professional than the Team Gnar Kill Annual Newsletter, which is most often scribbled onto a crumpled up napkin.