Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My New Sport

Well, the work week from hell finished up on Monday and I finally had a night to relax without opening a single book. It was so nice, but today is a new day and the beginning of the final push through finals.

I went skiing at Higley today and the conditions were stellar for this early in the season. Although only half the trails are open due to construction, which should be done in the next 2 weeks hopefully i'm told, the snow quality was as good as anything we saw last year.

I did 3x10 min threshold intervals, and they went very well. I felt much better than I thought I would after the training load, or lack there of, that I had last week.

Tomorrow brings some more speed work, then Saturday kicks off the racing season with the NYSEF season opener on my home trails in Lake Placid. 10k skate, the perfect race to start off with.

And, sorry to disappoint you all, but I have decided that I am going to back off on the ski training from now on and focus on a new activity known as mountain wingsuit base jumping.

I think it's my new favorite hobby.
MD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Clarkson! Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Dearest Matt,

Your blog entries continue, as always, to fill me with hope and power during these darkest of days. When I feel that the end is near, I turn to your words for warmth and comfort.

I have noticed how much more 'legit' your blog is than that super lame Crimson Nordic business. Theirs lacks color, cool team photos, screen names, and interesting training related discussion altogether.

I hope that your prosaic words continue to rain upon this blog like drops of rain on a stormy summer evening.

Respectfully yours,

Barbara Mitter

PS: How do you make your blog look so legit? Ours has less personality than that girl at a party that doesn't talk to anyone because she recently had all of her fingers cut off in a skill-saw accident.