Monday, November 24, 2008

First Day on Snow + Ski Swap

Couple of big things happening while my Thanksgiving break has already started days ago. First Delaney, Drew, and Alicia stayed at my house for the annual HF-L Ski Swap. It was a good turn out, though not like the past few years. With the economy down, some people may not buy that extra pair of skis. Even still, many skis were sold! It was good to help people pick out what exactly they are looking for. You feel good giving out some advice. The used section also was a good turn out. There were a ton a boots, though not many skis for the smaller skier. I might of had a field day.


Also like I said, I had my first day on Snow!! It was great. This is skiing, so much better than rollerskiing. Yesterday I scraped my rock skis and brushed them out a bit. Then I put on my good ski boots and went around my back yard. It went pretty well so I decided to go through the park. North Meadow was pretty good. The skiing again was not great, but it was better than most of those first days on snow. My heart rate was high on snow. I tried to go easy, but the first 20 mins was rough. I settled in soon though.

Today I went to ski, but the weather warmed up and the park did some work on trails to hurt the snow cover. So I went out for a rollerski. Once you ski on snow you really do not want to go out and rollerski any time soon. I did need a workout though. So I did 3x8 mins. I felt good, I am starting to get closer to race ready. I now only need more snow haha.

Later on this week I plan on going to Salmon Hills with my buddy from UNH. They have been getting some snow so it should be a fun time. So all for now. Think snow and eat lots. Happy Thanksgiving!!

D Day

No comments: