Thursday, November 13, 2008

True Pre-Winter Training

So this is the time of year when the training gets tough. As it turns dark by 5, the day seems over in a hurry. We have been getting out on the rollerskis, and soon we will get the newbies out on the real roads. I have also made an effort to get in the weight room and continue my ski specific lifitng. We have been doing all the drills and all the little strength stuff, but it does hurt getting in the back room and focus more on core and double pole muscles. I have included a picture of the former Clarkson skier Sam Morse who is now with the US Army.

Today we had a interesting "tuck drill" with music. I guess that is what you would call it. Coach lead us to the porter mountain trail with a boot slide against THE MATT DELANEY. Always a good time. I expect a few people to have sore hips and hip flexers tomorrow.

Soon we will have an updated roster, well as of now I guess. Saturday is also the REG and I encourge all of you to make it there to cheer on the runners (don't let some of them fool you, they are really skiers!) Snow will be flying soon so get ready!

D Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that last comment derrick

....shhhh dont give us away

-Alex