Monday, November 10, 2008

Trail Clean Up

We have survived another year at trail clean up. I would also like to note that with Justin gone, no equipment was broken this year, so we could take our time leaving. When we woke up early in the morning (Before 8am) to head out to Higley, we saw the affects of an all night rain. I got in my car along with Drew and Delaney and we headed over to the IRC. We packed in the cars and made our way.

We arrived and split into teams to tackle the trails and the affects from the snow storm. They got 18 Inches!!!!! A small group of us took on the camp loops with Coach providing the entertainment. The entire time of the clean up, we had rain. Everyone was wet and soaked, but it does give us a guilt free skiing season.

The next day many of us were sore, perhaps from the wet jeans. I made it out anyway late in the day for a wet ski around Bagdad-South canton loop. I have been feeling good of late. Not sure if it is from the first sign of snow or what, but I am ready to take on the season.

We will get more pictures up once we get better and bringing a camera with us. We have a big team with athletes at all different levels. I am excited for what this season may bring.

D Day

No comments: