Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer's End

As the summer is winding down, the anticipation for the season is increasing. Soon we will be showing eachother what shape we are in and we will be able to say goodbye to the lonely workouts and hello to the overly talkative OD's.

Before the summer closes, it does allow for one more training block of solid workouts. One more last string of quality workouts before our lifting comes with a loaded backpack. This is the time where you have to stay focused on the snowy days ahead. If this summer is any indication, we may be in for a snowy winter!

On another note, For myself, I just finished off a tough workout session in canada. It was an upper body workout full of kayaking, tubing, water skiing, etc. Rough I know! In the picture above is an Alumni from the Clarkson Nordic Team and former Captain, my brother, Chad Day. This was taken during a RNR Benchmark test. Another one is scheduled next week to see our improvement.

I hope everyone has been happy with their summer training so far, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone getting at it in the fall. When you have the sunshine, take advantage of it!

D Day

7 comments:

Chris L. said...

"One more last string of quality workouts before our lifting comes with a loaded backpack."

That sentence is art.

D Day said...

Thanks Chris, I was trying to display my creative art side and really explore the english lanauage.

There is always a debate about Quality vs Quanitity, well now is a time to do both!! Get at it!

D Day

Unknown said...

By 'creative art' do you mean homo? What a stud ;)

D Day said...

Just so you know, I was going to reject this comment, but I decided to let it slide. Why you may ask? because there may soon be a certain video of someone dancing to be posted shortly......

Enjoy! HA HA

Chris L. said...

I can't wait... I think.

Unknown said...

Today there was an autumn chill in the air, it made me think of Potsdam. I hope the training is going well up there, and that you're ready for the firestorm that is this weekend.

Unknown said...

I deman a new post. Delegate to Lamothe. He's sick, he's got nothing better to do.