Sunday, November 18, 2007

Snow, Roller Skiing, The Ski Swap, Caffiene, And Food

I'm finally relaxing after a crazy end of the week and weekend. Watching the Pats destroy the Bills and enjoying my hot apple crisp that I just pulled out of the oven.

Last Friday I went out to River Road in Colton for some 4x6 min skate intervals. These were at the end of my recovery week, and I felt well rested and full of energy which was nice to see. Recovery has been something that I have been able to focus on a lot more this fall without feeling guilty about taking a day or two off when I need it. I guess that is the benefit of having a well laid out training plan this year.This is a pic I have been wanting to get all fall of the dam out on River Road. As you can see, it was another beautiful day in northern New York; overcast, spitting some light snow flakes, and barely breaking 30 degrees. Great for getting in the winter mood but not the best weather to get motivated to go out on roller skis. Atleast is wasn't raining today though.

After the ski, I raced back to Potsdam, grabbed a quick shower and lunch, then threw some clothes in a bag, jumped in the car and headed 3.5 hours south to Rochester, for the infamous Rochester ski swap. High Peaks has been heading down for the sale for the past 8 or 9 years and I always enjoy helping out with the sale. I have to say that I am very impressed with the huge turnout of high school skiers that come out. There must have been over 500 people passing through the doors between 9 and 2 all looking for ski equipment. A big shout out has to be given to Ernie Day for organizing this great event.

After standing on my feet for 7 hours, it was time to relax for a little bit. We all headed back to the Day's, ate some delicious food, then went out for a nice little jog around Mendon Park before a nice night of a movie, relaxing, and coffeeeeeee. Being in quite the coffee mood lately, we headed to a quaint little coffee shop, where i got a delicious mocha latte to keep me going.

This morn we had a delicious breakfast cooked by Mrs. Day, where I ate more than I have in the past few months. The mountains of waffles, french toast, fruit, coffee and eggs kept growing and i definitely don't get this treatment at school. Full of food, Drew, Alicia and I then packed in the silver bullet and cruised back to Potsdam, where I have been finishing up work this afternoon and looking forward to having the next week off from classes.

I am now off to bed, looking forward to a nice cold roller ski tomorrow morning, and then a long 8 hour drive to michigan to visit the fam.

Think Snow
MD

No comments: