Sunday, November 11, 2007

Placid

I think this pic does a pretty good job at explaining why i always enjoy going home. I took this at the end of a roller ski saturday on bear cub road in Lake Placid. So as you all may have guessed, I escaped the thriving metropolis of Potsdam for the weekend, and headed over to placid for some change of scenery. I saw my first real snow of the year, icicles hanging off of roofs, and a thin layer of ice covering the lake behind my house.

I got in two solid interval workout's to finish up my interval block, and am looking forward to a few days of rest now. Although that rest will be filled with studying as i prepare for the math/engineering onslaught of tests also known as this tuesday and wednesday. I have exams in e-sci, statics, and calc III, should be a fun first half of the week.

The main reason i went home though was to go to a little celebration that some family friends were putting on.
It was a lot of fun. I got to hang out with some friends that i haven't seen in quite a while, and met a lot of new faces as well. The food was also incredible, and i think i ate more than i have in the past month combined, but it was well worth it.

During my travels thi weekend i happened to run across the honorary member of clarkson's nordic team, Ms Melinda McAleese. I just so happened to be driving by the OTC and sitting in the parking lot was a car that looked an awful lot like hers, so of course I had to investigate. and sure enough it was her. We had a nice b'fast this morning at soulshine bagels and then I had to pack up the car and head back to 'ole Potsdam, and the onslaught of paper writing and studying that was beckoning, and which i should probably get back to now.

Procrastination, the best cure for school work.
MD


No comments: